Wednesday, February 4, 2009


After a few weeks of learning the "Basics of Effective Instruction in P.E." and writing the transcript of my first day teaching video I've noticed several elements that were missing from my first lesson in soccer passing and trapping. After learning the physical education pedagogy, I will be the first to say that my first day teaching lesson was not as effective as it could have been. For starters, the transcript seems very simple. I already know that I should have said more, used cues, motivated the students, checked for understanding, I didn't pinpoint, use intratask variation and more. Secondly, I hardly gave any individual attention to the students. With the exception of one tiny line, everything I said was directed to the entire class. I should have gave comments and feedback to individuals. I kept saying "try that" or "continue that" when I should have been more specific in what I was asking of my students. After watching the video again and then writing the transcript, I felt like my lesson was a dull performance. However, I have already taught another lesson and I made strong improvements. I feel like I have learned so much already in only 3 weeks which amazes me. I am even more excited that it has only been 3 weeks and I have so much more to learn and to look forward to. I can use this video to see what was missing and eventually look back to see how much I improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment