Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ultimate Frisbee! - defense wins championships Lab B


For my lesson on Ultimate Frisbee defense, we used an mp3 recorder to record everything I said which I thought is an awesome idea. The recorder records every "um" "ah" and in my case "alright". Writing the transcript and getting everything I said was so much easier with a voice recorder compared to writing a transcript from video footage. I was able to see how often I use the word "alright" which over time I have to try to avoid using it so much.
Overall, I think my lesson was fairly good. However, I will admit that having two students fight with each other during my lesson, startled me. My fellow classmates said I handled the situation very well but I could tell from my audio clip that I was flustered. I think I did a pretty good job of trying to stop the two boys from fighting. First I warned them, then put them in separate groups and when that did not work I had them sit out. If I could do it again, I would have put them at opposite ends of the gym instead of just changing one boy with a group right next to the original group. I was still able to give feedback and use intratask variation but it was definitely harder trying to hit those points while trying to stop two students from fighting. I wish I gave more feedback and was able to spend more time with other students but I felt a little overwhelmed by the bad behavior in class. However, this is a good thing because situations like this will definitely happen in the future and it is good to get practice with it now. Feel free to take a listen and let me know some of your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment